HIGH SCHOOL MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER
High school has tremendous obstacles that can stand in the way of student’s future success. Every day thousands of students drop out of high school and give up on their dreams. With so much pressure and so many poor role models, many teens lose focus, shut down, drop out, and stay out never fulfilling their true potential. How do you motivate high school students to make the most of this critical time in their lives, graduate and pursue education beyond high school?
From school assemblies and classrooms to organization membership and small group workshops, I reach high school students through real talk and relatability. I inspire students to respect and encourage themselves and each other through their challenges. My S.O. What! Success System helps high school students understand who they are, identify appropriate role models, and understand their potential. I help students respect themselves and others, evaluate their relationships, change their perspective, and set and achieve goals to not only graduate but Stand Out and be successful after high school.
“My students—both male and female– were extremely engaged and came to school waiting to read the next chapter. The program helps students identify similarities with each other which creates closeness and makes them respect each other. My former students complained to me that they had not been able to participate after hearing about it from students who had. I even had students stealing books, but that’s just how into it they were. I am confident it saved some kids from making some bad decisions, and I am thankful that this program that is so open, honest, and relatable exists. On top of that, it includes the ELA standards.”
My programs can be tailored to suit a variety of organizations and occasions including:
- Half / full-day workshops
- Leadership, life skills, and resiliency training
- Commencement addresses
- S.O. What! curriculum author visit and Q&A
Most requested high school programs
- Who Am I?– I share how I discovered who I was in spite of bullying and low self-esteem and the steps I took to become who I am today through many challenges.
- Self-esteem, Sex, and Success– I share how my low self-esteem and ignorance about sex led me to the challenges of being a teen mom but how I graduated from high school with honors, was named Most Likely to Succeed, and earned a full scholarship to college.
- How to Cultivate a Success Mindset — I share the story of how I earned the titles of “Most Likely to Succeed” in high school, and later “Miss University of Memphis” in college, despite being the survivor of an unwanted sexual encounter at 15, and a teen mom trying to balance a full-time courseload with single-parenthood.
- How to Stand Out and Show Out — I explain how I turned an entry-level job with the Memphis Grizzlies (NBA) into a leadership position at a multinational corporation (FedEx) over the course of 15 years, by adopting a no-excuses “S.O. What!” philosophy.
Give your students Summer’s motivation and life lessons all year long!
The S.O. What! Literacy, Life Skills, and Character Education curriculum for high school uses higher learning standards for English Language Arts to teach important life skills and help students prepare for life after high school. Listen to what educators and students says about the curriculum that has students thinking, talking, and acting!
Become A S.O. What! Student Ambassador
If you think you embody the S.O. What! attitude, you could become a S.O. What! Student Ambassador. Engage and activate your peers by promoting the S.O What! message and help your fellow students achieve S.O. What! success. Plus, as a S.O. What! Student Ambassador, you get lots of unique prizes and opportunities and have access to exclusive experiences!
Want more information?
Complete the contact form and include, “I want to be a S.O. What! Ambassador” in the comments. Then we’ll get right back to you!
My passion is helping youth and young adults realize success no matter what obstacles they face. As an international resilience and leadership keynote speaker, author, S.O. What! Success Coach, and creator of the S.O. What! Literacy, Life Skills, and Character Education curriculum, I empower people to say, “So what!” to their challenges.
I provide a framework to help people see past their challenges and focus on solutions using the S.O. What! Success System (Overcome Obstacles + Eliminate Excuses + Calculate Choices = S.O. What! Success). Through keynotes, workshops, books, online courses, and workbooks, I use life’s challenges and my own story of resilience as a rape survivor and teen mom success story to help others confidently pursue their dreams.
Looking for an inspiring college motivational speaker? A high school literacy curriculum? A middle school life skills workbook? A great example for teen mothers? A women’s empowerment or single mother’s conference speaker?
I’m your girl and will help any audience say, “S.O. What!”.
We’ll talk about
- The importance and impact of education
- Goal-setting, planning and thinking ahead
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Decision-making & Prioritizing
- Choices and Consequences
- Dealing with disappointment
- Relationships and the influence of friends
- Sex, STD’s, and teen pregnancy
- SO much more
RELATED BLOG POSTS
I think many of us underestimate the importance of the decisions and connections that we make in high school. After becoming a teen mom, I still chose to be a leader and focus on my grades so that I could be successful. I was determined to go to college, have a career, and provide for myself and my son.