WOMEN’s empowerment spEAKER
Women carry life and the burden of keeping theirs and everyone else’s all together too. Often alone.
With smiles on our faces and sometimes tears in our hearts, women nurture children, spouses, homes, and dreams. Labeled too strong, too independent, too weak, too dependent, women forget or forgo their dreams. Or are afraid to pursue them. Or the guilt of doing what’s best for them causes them to sacrifice their ambition. How do you show women that their lives and dreams matter and that they are worthy and able to achieve them?
The S.O What! Success System for women brings women into awareness of their feelings and how to transform their own story into a legacy that redefines their lives. From women’s conferences and retreats to workshops and one on one coaching, I show women they matter and they are capable and deserving. I show women how to prioritize themselves and push themselves to achieve dreams they may have abandoned. My S.O. What! Success System for women helps them understand their value and potential and find the strength, skills, and time to accomplish their goals.
“Summer Owens quickly turned me into an admiring fan and colleague. Summer recently spoke at a business retreat I attended. Her story and wisdom came across so gracefully and was so grounded that she unknowingly invited me in wanting to know more. I had the feeling that I was in the presence of royalty – especially when she was the speaker in the front of the room. I’m not kidding. She is so graceful and poised, humble yet wise and experienced. Warm and welcoming. And fun, she is fun and has a great sense of humor!”
“I have faced many disappointments in my life and have experience many setback, but you have inspired me at 31 years old that a dream deferred is not a dream denied and to continue to fight and not be ashamed of why and how I got to where I currently am.”
My programs can be tailored to suit a variety of organizations and occasions including:
- Half / full-day workshops
- Women’s issues and Empowerment
- Motivation and Life Skills training
Most requested keynotes and workshops
The Resiliency Resolution: How to Hang in There When You Feel Like Letting Go
Let’s face it, life is hard for many people. Especially right now. We face challenges of all types, from personal to professional, private or pandemic, parenting and progressing and everything in between. Some challenges are inherited and some are created, but dealing with the stress and anxiety and overcoming the obstacles may seem impossible. Too often this causes many women to give up or not fulfill their potential. Summer Owens has a system to overcome even the greatest obstacles. This program helps women examine their situations and recognize the power they have over their challenges and choices. Through her personal story and practical strategies audience members can apply immediately, Summer demonstrates the power of a mindset that can turn giving up into standing out with world-class resilience based on two choices and these two words: “SO What!”
Audience members will…
- Understand the relationship between resilience and grit to handle adversity and leverage their challenges
- Identify the conscious/subconscious obstacles to their success
- Feel empowered to overcome these obstacles through strategy and mindset
- Learn how to create a S.O. What! Mindset to achieve more in spite of their challenges
- Explore how to create a personal resilience strategy to deal with past, current, and future trauma and stress
The Unlikely Leader: From Imposter to Impactful
Do you find yourself in a leadership position, yet feel like maybe you’re an imposter? Leading, but not sure where you’re going or what you’re doing? Or maybe you want to be in leadership but don’t feel worthy. It’s hard to lead when others doubt you or when you maybe doubt yourself. You might be new to leadership or nervous that everyone will realize you don’t have all the answers. You might feel unprepared or not fit the role of an ideal student leader. From this thought-provoking presentation, participants will examine their doubts, their abilities, and their motivation for leadership and learn how to turn judgement and self-doubt into positive catalysts for impactful, inclusive leadership. Participants will identify how their unique challenges and experiences can help them build confidence in themselves, gain the confidence of others, make meaningful impact, and stand out as a leader in their organization and in life.
Audience members will…
- Evaluate their self-doubt and gain tips to change their perspective on their abilities
- Explore how to leverage their positions for personal, academic, organizational, and life-long impact
- Gain practical strategies to increase their confidence in their leadership and ability to impact their chapters and communities.
- Develop practical ways to demonstrate servant leadership, confidence, and authority
Ladies Who Lead: Guiding with Grit, Grace and Guts
Women face unique challenges, especially in leadership. From self-doubt to feeling unheard or disrespected to feeling the need to do it all or please everyone, leadership can feel lonely or overwhelming. As a female leader from high school to present, Summer Owens encourages, educates, and empowers women with easy to implement strategies to effectively lead and stay inspired even when life and leading gets hard. This program designed for sororities and women’s programs helps female students better understand themselves, their abilities, their desires, and their opportunities and advantages to overcome their challenges and become better, more resilient leaders.
Audience members will…
- Learn how to be more resilient leaders on campus, at work and in life.
- Leave with a greater understanding of how they can handle adversity.
- Understand how they can leverage their challenges for their benefit.
- Identify the obstacles to their success and feel empowered to overcome them
Fear, Failure, and Rejection: How to Turn Your Setback into Success
What would you do if fear was not a factor? If you hadn’t felt the pain of failure or rejection? One thing all people have in common is that at some point in our lives we will experience fear, failure, and rejection. So it’s normal and natural, but it is also painful and can be stifling- holding you back from trying or going after what you really want in life. However, the most successful people in life have likely experienced the most fear. They have failed a lot because they’ve tried a lot, and they have undoubtedly experienced rejection on levels most people can’t handle. So what if you could become someone who welcomes fear, failure, and rejection because you know on the other side of it is success? In this program, Summer shares how the judgement and challenges as a single mother, the pain and embarrassment of divorce, and the struggle to start over helped her to become a force to be reckoned with personally and professionally. Participants will evaluate their life experiences and limiting beliefs and develop strategies to overcome them.
Audience members will…
- Examine the root causes of their fear, failure, or rejection
- Identify the limits fear, failure or rejection may have had on their success or aspirations
- Learn strategies to turn the negative experiences and emotions they experienced into what they need to succeed
- Gain actionable tips to overcome fear, failure, and rejection
- Feel more confident about addressing what has held them back from going after their goals
The S.O. What! Success Series
With the S.O. What! Success Series, Summer goes deep with participants through real talk on life and how to be successful regardless of their challenges or circumstances. Focusing on academic achievement and personal and professional development, Summer breaks down the S.O. What! Success Formula to help participants Overcome their Obstacles, Eliminate their Excuses, and Calculate their Choices. In this program, participants will engage in reflective and interactive workshops to explore who they really are and what influences their choices as well as the effects of their decisions. Participants will create S.O. What! Success Plans outlining their goals and identifying the path to get what they really want in life and how to remain resilient along the way.
Audience members will…
- Learn more about themselves and their motivations for success.
- Examine their attitudes and behaviors for alignment with their goals.
- Gain a greater appreciation for their opportunities and advantages.
- Connect with and learn more about fellow members to create stronger organizations.
- Get motivated to eliminate the excuses to success in their lives.
My passion is helping youth and young adults realize success no matter what obstacles they face. As an international resilience and leadership keynote speaker, author, S.O. What! Success Coach, and creator of the S.O. What! Literacy, Life Skills, and Character Education curriculum, I empower people to say, “So what!” to their challenges.
I provide a framework to help people see past their challenges and focus on solutions using the S.O. What! Success System (Overcome Obstacles + Eliminate Excuses + Calculate Choices = S.O. What! Success). Through keynotes, workshops, books, online courses, and workbooks, I use life’s challenges and my own story of resilience as a rape survivor and teen mom success story to help others confidently pursue their dreams.
Looking for an inspiring college motivational speaker? A high school literacy curriculum? A middle school life skills workbook? A great example for teen mothers? A women’s empowerment or single mother’s conference speaker?
I’m your girl and will help any audience say, “S.O. What!”.
We’ll talk about:
- Self-acceptance and personal forgiveness
- Time and life management
- Overcoming obstacles
- Creating a support system
- Developing resiliency
- Going after your dreams
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Choices and Consequences
- Dealing with disappointment
- SO much more
RELATED BLOG POSTS
Through the many challenges I have faced in my life, women have been there to uplift and support me. From teachers and professors, mentors and bosses, sorority sisters and friends, I have learned from and been blessed to receive wisdom from some amazing women. And I’m paying it forward!